Come enjoy artists in Downtown Camas painting our town! During the day on September 6th from 9am-4:00pm, local artists will be doing Plein Air (Open Air) painting around town. So fun to watch! Then vote for your favorite during the First Friday event from 5-8pm.
The finished plein air art pieces will be on display at the Camas Gallery, 408 NE 4th, from 5-8 pm that evening. The community will vote for its favorites and “People Choice Awards” will be given. These works of art will then be auctioned off at the Dinner in White on the Columbia, a benefit for the Washougal Library Building Fund, on Saturday, September 7th at Marina Park at the Port of Camas Washougal. For artists who would like to participate, please contact the Camas Gallery at 360-817-2415 or click the links below.
Shops around town will be hosting an artist from downtown’s Elida Art Studio’s Art-Women-Wine art group. These artists do amazing work! Meet the artists, enjoy the art, and be entered to win prizes from the merchants. Art passport/activity lists can be found at the DCA table in Journey at 304 NE 4th Ave.
Other art features, music, and activities that night are:
- Local dance instructor Daniel Martinez will be offering FREE dance lessons for the community sponsored by the Downtown Camas Association. Come learn dance steps that you might even use with the outdoor live music that night. Meet at Body Bliss Yoga Studio at 417 NE Birch at 6pm for the lessons. Everyone is invited. Daniel is known for his fun and engaging classes and the DCA is glad to partner to bring this art form to the event.
- Outdoor dining and live music with 4 bands sponsored by Nuestra Mesa from 5-9pm, 228 NE 4th.
- Camas Gallery will be hosting two “dual artist” live paintings starting at 4:30pm with two paintings each being done by popular local artists. Two will be painted by Pamela Sue Johnson and Heidi Curley and another two being created by Liz Pike and Sarah Bang. Each artist starts on a painting and then every 15 minutes, switches places with their painting partner until they feel the painting is complete. This art activity is a crowd favorite.
- Art Show in Attic Gallery featuring Emmy Award winning artist David Allen Dunlop who will also be plein air painting the mill during the day. There will also be the dynamic live classical music of the Lily Burton String Trio.
- Art Guessing Game in select locations–guess the artist of a picture of a famous piece of artwork and be entered to win.
- Open Mic Night at Journey Church, 6-8pm. Sing a song, play guitar or do a stand-up comedy routine. Each performer has 10 minutes to perform. This is a ‘family friendly’ event so youth are welcome to participate. Sign-ups start at 5:30pm.
- The Hidden Bronze Bird Tour will have a twist with each of the 14 bronze birds in Downtown Camas showing off something for the night. Find the birds and find out what they have and be entered to win a special prize basket.
- Enspire Arts will be there to make Gnome Finger Puppets – adorable!
- Kids’ art crafts, including The Paint Roller Mobile Paint Party where children can paint rocks; chalk art; and the sixth annual DCA First Friday Coloring Contest.
- Live music at multiple locations throughout downtown including Birch Street Uptown Lounge, Salud Wine Bar and A Beer at a Time.
- Shop, dine, & have artful fun in Downtown Camas! Receive a free prize ticket for every $10 you spend in downtown.
Visit our First Friday event page for more details and updates!
- September 6, 2019, 5:00 pm-8:00 pm
- 440 NE 4th Ave
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.